JEWISH VOCATIONAL SERVICE OF CINCINNATI
Ashire Communications provided broad public relations services to JVS, which serves
people with developmental disabilities, before JVS combined many of its programs
with Easter Seals TriState. Ashire continues to work for JVS Career Services, formerly
known as the Cincinnati Career Network, which offers career coaching and workshops.
Here are highlights about how Ashire has helped these organizations:
- Helped to organize and publicize the 70th anniversary celebration of JVS, drawing more than 150 supporters. News coverage included a photo spread of the celebration in the American Israelite as well as a story and photos in Northeast Suburban Life.
- Arranged for Peter Bloch, JVS president and CEO, to appear on WCET, Cincinnati's public TV station. Mr. Bloch explained how JVS continued to provide great services, despite economic challenges.
- Wrote the annual JVS fund-raising letters and supported the fund-raising campaign in other ways, including a story in David's Voice, an email publication of the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. Despite the recession, the campaign raised more than ever for
the Cincinnati Career Network.
- Wrote about the Cincinnati Career Network, a JVS program. CCN's caseload had nearly tripled since the recession started. The story appeared in David's Voice.
- Wrote bios of JVS senior executives as well as background information and history about JVS.
- Generated a story in The Enquirer's Good News section about Marge Selm, a JVS employee who was highlighted because of her devotion to individuals with developmental disabilties. The Enquirer referred to her as having a "caring heart."
- Helped to announce the combining of the publicly funded programs of JVS and Easter Seals Work Resource Center to become Easter Seals TriState.
- Publicized the award presented to Peter M. Bloch for his commitment to people with disabilities. Mr. Bloch is CEO and President of JVS Career Services as well as
Executive Vice President of Easter Seals TriState.
"Elliot Grossman is an astute listener, talented strategist and accomplished editor.
His communication skills are exceptional and his grasp of the nuances and complexities
of a situation are remarkable. Elliot’s follow-through reflects his strong
organizational skills, his work ethic, and his ability to communicate with precision. It is
a joy to work with him on a project."
-- Peter Bloch, President and CEO, JVS Career Services, Blue Ash, Ohio